Tuesday, 7 September 2010

That Anxious Feeling

So some books were supposed to be delivered yesterday, but the package was too big to fit through the letterbox and no-one was home to collect it, so the postman left that little red slip telling us that he'd taken the package back to the post office. I didn't have time to pick it up today so I asked someone else to do it for me but it turns out they didn't have enough time either. Now I feel kinda anxious. I know it's stupid - the books are there, at the post office - but I feel worried. What if they get stolen? What if they get lost? What if they decide to get rid of them? What if the place burns down during the night? It's the same every time I miss a delivery. Anyone else get this feeling, or am I alone in this weirdness? It bugs me to no end, I wish I could get over it. But my books are my precious.

Oh how I wish the postman had just left them with the neighbours...

9 comments:

  1. Aww. Don't worry! I often get that and I haven't had the experience of a lost one yet, so relaax:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :). I've always been like this - I'm a worrier, it's true! Hopefully I'll be able to collect them tomorrow and then I can breathe again :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i worry like this a lot - although not about post - my postman is lovely and takes them to my mum's house for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing a little at this. I got one of those cards through the door yesterday and even though I did have time to go and collect them, it was raining and I couldn't be bothered. Today I didn't have time. So it is tomorrow for me. I trust my post office to keep my bookies safe. I'm sure yours will be there when you go there tomorrow.

    I used to be so excited to get my books when I started reviewing for publishers. It was amazing. But I think the novelty has worn off a little. I am so busy back at work that reviewing is bottom of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kirsty: Aw, your postie's nice! We seem to have a different one each week now - I have no idea why.

    @ Becky: Ha, I know I'm being silly :P. I'm just one of those people who worries about everything. And I'm going to college soon so schoolwork will have to come before reviewing. No doubt I'll be kept busy with all the coursework...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you at all! I'd be worried too!! We moved recently, so I know of at least a few of my books that never got delivered to our new address :( But I try to just let it go...it's hard though. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Hopefully you'll be able to collect it soon so you won't worry so much. My postman is WONDERFUL. He actually waits for me if he thinks I'll be home soon (and I usually am)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Carrie: Ha thank you :P. Moving is always a hassle, I'm sorry you never got your books :/. I feel better now I've collected mine. I guess I'll always be this way though - panicky!

    @ Clover: I collected them today and I feel as if a great weight has been lifted. Your postman sounds lvely! Our old one left and now we seem to have a different one each week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I kind of relate to this. I worry in case the postie delivers a package of books that doesn't fit through the letterbox, and then decides to leave them on the doorstep, and then it rains and the books get all waterlogged. It's never happened though. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)