Wednesday, 18 August 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday #3

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly even hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner #2) by James Dashner
October 12th 2010

The Maze was only the beginning...

Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. No more puzzles. No more Variables. And no more running. Thomas was sure that escape meant he and the Gladers would get their lives back. But no one really knew what sort of life they were going back to.

In the Maze, life was easy. They had food, and shelter, and safety... until Teresa triggered the end. In the world outside the Maze, however, the end was triggered long ago.
Burned by sun flares and baked by a new, brutal climate, much of the earth is a wasteland. Government has disintegrated--and with it, order--and now Cranks, people covered in festering wounds and driven to murderous insanity by the infectious disease known as the Flare, roam the crumbling cities hunting for their next victim... and meal.

The Gladers are far from done running. Instead of freedom, they find themselves faced with another trial. They must cross the Scorch, the most burned-out section of the world, and arrive at a safe haven in two weeks. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Thomas can only wonder--does he hold the secret of freedom somewhere in his mind? Or will he forever be at the mercy of WICKED? (from Goodreads)
 
 
Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
August 25th 2010 (UK release date)
 
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year. (from Goodreads)
 
So it's kind of a dystopian theme this Wednesday. And I put Mockingjay up there because it's out NEXT WEEK. Next week, guys! I'm so excited for it, I have a bunch of theories and they're probably all wrong, but still. What do you guys think will happen?

12 comments:

  1. I never read the Maze but I've always wanted to. And I'm so nervous about MockingJay. Scared I guess that it won't end exactly how I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you get your books soon and that they are everything you hope them to be. Here is what I am Waiting on Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read the Maze! I do hope that this one is a great book! Enjoy it when you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take 2 (in case you didn't get the 1st one):

    Great picks! The Scorch Trials sounds amazing - similar to Hunger Games, and I love those games/challenges stories.

    I haven't seen that cover for Mockingjay - it's super-awesome :)

    (in case you got the 1st comment - I mentioned linkage problems, but that was about another blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait for Mockinjay - it is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Mockingjay! I'm so excited for that one I can hardly stand it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow never seen that Mockingjay cover! I'm super excited for it as well :) I haven't read Catching Fire yet since I'm getting through my TBR before I buy anything, but loved The Hunger Games, and I'm looking forward to reading more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting suggestions. I'm probably the only person who hasn't read The Hunger Games but I recently bought it and it's on my bedside dresser to read. Good to see there are more books.

    Happy Wednesday :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the UK cover for those who are wondering :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for Mockingjay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read the Maze series. Nice picks. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)