Wednesday, 4 August 2010

"Waiting On" Wednesday #1

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Legacy (Declaration #3)
by Gemma Malley
September 6th 2010
 
When a Pincent Pharma lorry is ambushed by the Underground, its contents come as a huge surprise - not drugs, but corpses in a horrible state. It appears Longevity isn't working and the drugs promising eternal youth are failing to live up to their promises. A virus is sweeping the country, killing in its wake, and Longevity is powerless to fight it. When Richard Pincent of Pincent Pharma suggest that the Underground has released the virus, something has to be done to put the story straight and once and for all alert everyone to the truth. (from Goodreads)


Razorland
by Ann Aguirre
Januray 4th 2011

 In Deuce’s world, individuals become adults—and earn the right to a name—only if they survive their first fifteen years. By this point, each unnamed ‘brat’ has trained into one of three groups: breeders, builders, or hunters. As the names imply, each group has definite roles to play for the survival of the group.

As a Huntress, Deuce’s purpose is clear—to roam the dangerous tunnels outside the enclave and bring back meat to feed the group while evading the ferocious humanoids known as Freaks. This has been the status quo for as far back as anyone can remember; this is, the elders tell everyone, the way it has to be. With the introduction of Fade, a male hunter a couple of years older than Deuce, who had been adopted into her enclave a few years earlier, she becomes aware of the hidden realities of the Orwellian society in which she was born. Deviation from the norm is punished quickly and harshly.

As Deuce’s perception of her world shifts, guided by her complex partnership with Fade, so does the balance in the constant battle for survival in the tunnels. The Freaks, considered dangerous only due to their sheer numbers and ferocious appetite, have long been held as incapable of any level of thought. And yet, as Fade and Deuce encounter them in the tunnels while in a reconnaissance mission to the nearest enclave, the creatures’ behavior is evidently cunning, and therefore more dangerous. It is evident that the danger is imminent, and yet Deuce cannot stem the dark tide that carries her far from the only world she's ever known. (from Goodreads)

I'm hoping The Legacy will conclude the series nicely, I was a bit disappointed with last book. Razorland looks really, really good, can't wait to see where the series is heading.

18 comments:

  1. the legacy is an awesome pick - I have been waiting for it for ages but agree with you the last book was disappointing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Razorland is on my list, too :)

    My WoW is here Manga Maniac Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you classify both as dystopias? That's what they sound like to me. Not my fav genre, but I should be more willing to try them.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'd say both are dystopia. I don't know much about Razorland, but The Declaration series is set in a future world where people live much longer due to new technology and medication, and no-one is allowed to have children anymore because the Earth is now over-populated since no-one is dying.

    I've been waiting for The Legacy for ages too, I hope it will be an exciting end to the trilogy. I'll be disappointed if the whole book concentrates on Anna and her issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover for Legacy. Nice picks. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Razorland is on my TBR list too! Ann is giving away a copy of it on goodreads. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've already entered the Goodreads giveaway :P. I'm desperate to get my hands on this book! Thanks for telling me about it though :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with the Declaration novels but Razorland is on my TBR!! Nice choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't mine getting my hands on a copy of Razorland. I hope that you get your books soon, and that them is everything you hope it to be. Here's my WOW Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, didn't realize there was a third in the Declaration series - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No problem! I hope you'll read it when it's out :P.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They both sounds like some good ones!!!! I also am looking forward to Razorland!!! Going on my TBR list!!

    Feel free to check out my WOW

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A big yes to both of these! I love anything dystopian, so these are must-reads as far as I'm concerned. Excellent picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a great pick. Grear cover! Looks like an interesting read :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all things dystopian too! And I do think the covers are quite cool, they certainly caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover of The Legacy is gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)