Friday, 6 August 2010

Hi5 - Favourite MG/YA Books to Movies

A meme hosted by Cara @ Chasing Words, Anne @ Potter, Percy and I and Nomes @ Inkcrush.

The topic for this week's Hi5 was chosen by Anne: choose your top 5 picks for MG/YA books made into movies. Mine are (in no particular order):

 
1. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine 
 
 
 
 2. Holes by Louis Sachar
 
   
 
 
3. Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg (a short story I've never actually read)
   
4. Matilda by Roal Dahl
5. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Ones that almost made it:

  • The Neverending Story (haven't actually read the book but I love the film!) by Michael Ende

  • Narnia novels by C. S Lewis

  • Harry Potter (except I love the books waaay more than the films)

  • Shrek (I had no idea this was a book - it's apparently a picture book by William Steig)


That's it for now!

4 comments:

  1. I never knew Jumanji was a book. It was the first movie I ever watched in theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know Shrek was a book either! How funny!

    I have Ella Enchanted on mt list of books to read - I liked the movie and have heard the booki is brilliant :)

    I thought of Princess Diaries too. Especially for how well they nailed Lilly from the book - she's so spot on and funny.


    And - I havent read or seen Holes! I know! It's on my list...

    Thanks for joining in :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew Jumanji was a book either - technically it's a short story but I thought it still counts :P.

    I actually thought the film version of Ella Enchanted was better than the book! But maybe it's because I saw the film first. With Princess Diaries, I prefer the book but still loved the film. And they did get Lilly perfect! Though Mia was completely wrong :P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Jumanji or Shrek were books either, but I did so love The Princess Diaries and Holes. I think I remember watching Ella Enchanted but don't remember what I thought of it. And of course now that I've seen your list, I can't really think of any that would be on my list! One to think about for awhile, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are better than frosted cupcakes :)